Samsung Knox SDK version 3.8 was released on November 15, 2021 for the Android 12 operating system. This release improves upon and introduces new features for customers as follows:
- Advanced Access Control for device users who need security features over and above the standard features of Knox enterprise.
- Peripheral SDK for Knox 3.8 provides the partners a new SDK to develop applications for peripheral devices such as barcode scanners. Currently, the SDK supports KOAMTAK USB scanner and BT scanner.
- Deep Settings Customization enhancements fixed UI vulnerabilities such as Wi-Fi proxy, third-party menu content settings, sharing Wi-Fi profiles using QR codes, and gesture options.
- Enhanced Attestation improvements allow Enhanced Attestation server to communicate directly with the device running Knox Works.
- Knox SDK for ISVs, introduced with this Knox 3.8 release includes new APIs geared towards adding support for ISVs rather than for the traditional MDM vendors.
- Advanced Separated Apps features include improved UX, use of biometric authentication, remote control by IT admin, and access control to network connections.
- TIMA/CCM keystore is not supported from Knox 3.8.
Apart from these features, this release includes API enhancements and bug fixes along with Android 12 changes.
We encourage you to learn more about Knox.
- If you're new to Knox, browse our White Paper.
- Find out about the Knox Service Plugin, and how it delivers new features on the day of release.
- Learn about our entire Knox Ecosystem, and how they ease mobile deployments.
- Deprecated API methods in Knox 3.8
We are already working on the next Knox platform release, and adding new features that will help you deliver the most compelling enterprise solutions. Stay tuned!