Samsung NEXT (formerly Samsung Global Innovation Center) was founded in 2013 with a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung.
With offices in Korea, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Tel Aviv, Samsung NEXT is looking to partner with innovators around the world to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
Earlier this month at CES 2017, Samsung NEXT announced the creation of the Samsung NEXT Fund - a $150 million venture capital investment fund to increase Samsung’s global support of early stage startups pursuing advanced software and services innovation.
The Fund targets pre-Seed to Series B investments with a focus on virtual reality, artificial intelligence, IoT and more. Companies that have received capital from the Fund so far include: Converge Industries, Dashbot, Entry Point VR, Filament, Intezer, LiquidSky, Otto Radio, 2Sens, SafeDK and Virtru.
Samsung NEXT offers a team of entrepreneurs, engineers, investors, strategists, business developers and experts work together to empower innovators around the world.
- Start: Empower founders and early-stage software startups with funding, deep domain expertise, co-located work spaces and resources.
- Ventures: Provide early stage funding to give startups the capital needed to grow into thriving businesses.
- Growth Opportunities: Build and scale software products and services that are of strategic interest to Samsung and have potential to thrive as standalone businesses.
- M&A: Acquire transformative companies and drive the integration of their software, services and talent into Samsung.
- Partnerships: Partner with leading tech and media companies to enrichen consumer experiences across one of the world’s largest distribution platforms—Samsung's increasingly connected displays and devices.
For more information on Samsung NEXT please visit SamsungNEXT.com and connect on social media: @SamsungNEXT.
To request more information about programs and funding, email email@example.com.
Samsung NEXT is also hiring! For job openings visit their careers page at http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/samsung-next