Samsung KNOX just got better. Here is a preview of the latest lineup of KNOX solutions, which are being announced at the Mobile World Congress 2014:
- KNOX 2.0 — Building on the highly secure KNOX platform introduced last year, the latest upgrade improves on usability, flexibility, and security.
- KNOX Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) — Small to medium sized businesses now have a simple, effective and affordable way to manage their mobile devices, user identities, user access privileges, role-based policies, and deployed apps.
- KNOX Marketplace — Introducing a cloud-based one-stop shop for enterprises to discover, try, purchase, and manage SaaS apps as well as KNOX solutions.
These solutions will be commercially available in Q2 2014. Stay tuned to this web portal or follow @SamsungMobile for more information.
If you are new to KNOX, see also how KNOX can dramatically improve mobile security and productivity.
Building on the highly secure KNOX platform introduced last year, the KNOX 2.0 improves on usability, flexibility, and security:
- Two separate secure containers per device, for example, for consultants who work for several companies or doctors who work for several clinics.
- No more need to wrap apps inside a container. This means many more apps for users.
- Any app from Google Play that supports Android’s multi-user framework can be installed and used inside the secure KNOX containers; IT Admins can use app whitelists and blacklists to control what can be installed.
- A faster and easier way to activate a secure KNOX container on a device.
- Controlled sharing of data, like Contacts, Calendar events, Notifications, and Clipboard data between the personal and container spaces, configurable to meet enterprise security requirements.
- Real-time monitoring of the Linux kernel to protect against malware.
- Secure storage of encryption keys (including those for third party apps) and client certificates (including those for SSL authentication), in the tamper-proof TrustZone built into the device hardware.
- A multi-vendor VPN framework that lets enterprises choose from third-party clients like Juniper, F5, and Cisco SSL VPNs.
- An open SmartCard framework that enables enterprises to choose from an array of SmartCard readers.
Underpinning these features is a comprehensive KNOX SDK with over 1000 APIs. This enables our MDM partners and Systems Integrators to create flexible and customized solutions for their customers.
For more about KNOX, see the KNOX solution page.
KNOX Enterprise Mobility Management
When rolling out an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) initiative, small to medium-sized companies must contend with limited budgets, a lack of enterprise mobility IT skills, and a vast diversity of mobile devices. Companies must also avoid intruding on employees’ personal data while securing and managing dual-purpose devices. With CellWe EMM, companies can meet their goals by taking advantage of:
- Cost savings through cloud-based services; avoiding the capital cost of on-premise labs, servers, and software
- A cloud-based admin console that provides enterprise IT Admins with control over enterprise mobile devices, user identities, user access privileges, role-based policies, and deployed apps
- 325+ KNOX policies that can be set in areas such as containers, user passwords, apps that can be installed, licensing, Exchange ActiveSync accounts, data encryption, Attestation, TIMA, SE for Android, SSO, and VPNs
- A cloud-based user console that provides device users with the power to manage their own devices, apps, activities, and profiles
- Single Sign On (SSO), to enable device users to log in only once using their credentials; apps requiring user identification can leverage the provided user credentials
- Tight integration with KNOX Marketplace, to enable purchased licenses to be readily available in the EMM Admin console
- Cross-platform support for both iOS and Android devices (Samsung and non-Samsung)
For more about CellWe EMM, see the CellWe EMM solution page.
Samsung KNOX Marketplace is a cloud-based one-stop shop for enterprises to discover, try, purchase, and manage:
- Samsung KNOX enterprise products and services
- A wide selection of 140+ leading SaaS apps
- Value bundles to save on app purchases
KNOX Marketplace provides:
- Centralized billing that allows enterprises to manage all subscriptions, for both Samsung KNOX products and SaaS apps, in one place
- Tight integration with CellWe EMM, to enable IT Admins to assign apps with purchased licenses to device users
- Single Sign On, to allow device users to access these apps by providing their credentials only once
For more about KNOX Marketplace, see the KNOX Marketplace page.
For more information about:
- Our latest solutions — see the official Press Release: Samsung KNOX Keeps Evolving to Meet Changing Enterprise Needs
- How to start using KNOX — see Try KNOX now
- Our latest partnerships — see Samsung KNOX Press Releases
- How to become a partner — see Partners
If you are attending the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona from Feb 24-27, you can learn more by visiting our Samsung KNOX booth in Hall 3. See you there!